Had to "reduce the map" of the cluster ;-) so I cut the height of the stack. Initially each node had 13cms in height but it looks like11cm is enough. Also now it can be placed under my shelves, which is a good thing for the space in my room.
I replaced the initial mix of 2x20GB & 2x40GB HDDs with 2x120GB & 2x160GB HDDs so I can run two different versions of my HPC system... hellooouuu Rocks cluster :-P
- Infrastructure building 100%
- Frame building 100%
- HW installation 100%
- HW "Stabilization" 100%
- First boot 100%
- SW installation 0%
- SW selection --> Hadoop (For the time being) 100%
- OS installation (Ubuntu server 32bit 12.04 LTS) --> 75%
- OS customization
- Network configuration
- New switch needed (24 ports). Installation.
- SAN & NAS configuration (¿NFS or iSCSI?)
- Test the System